What you’ll be doing:
- Preprocessing, transforming and cleaning data to ease further analysis on it.
- Preparing various data sets to support Business Intelligence department in their work.
- Creating various reports to support Business Owners in their decisions.
- Creating dashboards and data visualizations to support other teams within Engineering.
- Extending data warehouse with data retrieved from various data sources.
- Developing and extending data processing pipelines, e.g. building processing pipelines on the top of the Spark.
- Designing improvements of data warehousing infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of SQL, database modeling, and data warehousing.
- Good knowledge of programming/scripting language, such as Ruby, Java, Scala, Python etc.
- Good knowledge of statistics.
- Solid communication skills in English so that you can interact with the teams in the other locations.
The below will set you apart from other applicants:
- Knowledge of Hadoop or other open source big data tools.
- Experience with any noSQL database.
- Familiarity with R, Matlab, SAGE or another statistical language.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Superset.
- The engineering team has a great position within the company.
- Continuous integration/delivery. Test automation, immediate deploys in your own competence. Instant impact of your work on the product.
- You’ll be joining the team in the beginning stages when you’re still able to grasp the whole codebase.
- Our bureaucratic overhead is close to zero.
- Plus all the stuff like an ergonomic workplace, hardware of your choice, a budget for conferences, books, friendly atmosphere, knowledge sharing…
- Flexible working hours and work from home – 2 days per week.
- Meal vouchers, 5 weeks of vacation.
- Beroun is 20 minutes by public transport from Prague and the bus station is right by the office.
- Guaranteed free employee parking within the office building.